Monday, November 1, 2010

Open Letter from John to the 19th District

Dear Neighbor:

I am a candidate for the New York State Assembly in this Tuesday's elections.   I am running for the Assembly because I know that communities like Seaford have been underserved by Albany, particularly when it comes to state aid for education.  My ties to this community date back to its earliest days when my family, the Verity's and the Southard's, first settled in Seaford.  I love this community and have served as Chief of the Seaford Fire Department and Vice President of the Seaford Board of Education.

Today we are providing you with a copy of Newsday's Endorsement in which they acknowledge that the incumbent "Dave McDonough is a good guy.  But John Brooks is just the kind of person we need more of in Albany.  Newsday endorses Brooks".  The endorsement highlights some of the key proposals I have made.  We have run a campaign with limited funding and will be outspent by a 20 to 1 ratio, but we have run a campaign of real solutions.  People understand we have the right ideas.  This election is not about Republican v. Democrat.  It is about your future, your taxes, jobs, mass transit and real workable solutions for improving our lives.

I ask for your vote on Tuesday so we can start in a new direction with someone in Albany who is not there to represent a political party or special interests but rather to represent YOU -- the tax payer and my neighbor.

Thank you for your vote and support,
John



John E. Brooks
Candidate for New York State Assembly
Nassau County 19th District
VoteForBrooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment